Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long! Well, where to start ...

We've been in the new house about three weeks now. It certainly is an experiment in communal living. Some of the chores have logically fallen into place. For example, Michael and Marc mow the grass; Melinda and Katie do the grocery shopping. Melinda does just about all of the cooking, which is good because she is a damn good cook. The rest of us help clean up, do laundry, and we are still organizing and unpacking. I think that activity will probably be going on for a while.

What am I doing? I think what I'm doing is learning to live with people again. Not that I'm anti-social, I just enjoy being by myself. I enjoy quiet and solitude. Melinda and I have had our clashes, and I'm having to learn, once again, to pick my battles. Some things are just not worth it.

I do love-love-love having all the kiddos around me. I mean, what could be better than hearing little footsteps running up to greet you each day when you get home from work? It's awesome!

I'm starting to get my room the way I want it, surrounding myself with my books and little mementos. My Buddha candle holder makes a nice addition and adds to the ambience during meditation. I probably won't paint for a while; eventually we're going to be replacing the horsehair plaster with sheetrock. But I will hang some things on the walls.

The new job is going well. I really like it and I love the fact that I'm no longer a boss. The stress and time spent commuting was definitely not worth the extra money I was making. I can feel the difference in my body as well. Less pain is a good thing!

I've reinstituted my Reiki self-treatment and meditation practice. Every night before I go to sleep I do a self-treatment, and I try to meditate at least a couple of times a week.

The last thing I need to do is start my walking program. As soon as I get the okay from the doctor, I'll be walking every day! I can't wait.

I guess that's about it for now.

Peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment