Sunday, July 5, 2009

Priorities

"Ya gotta have priorities!"

How many times have I heard that in my life? For that matter, how many times have I said it!? Well, I have a 4-day conference in Boston beginning tomorrow and as I thought about what to pack, it occurred to me what was really important, in the world of Linda, that is. My knitting!

Which project or projects should I bring? Is there an lys (knitspeak for local yarn shop) that I can visit on my lunch breaks? I should probably bring a project that I don't have to concentrate to hard on for knitting during the conference, and another that I can work on in my hotel room. Make sure I have enough yarn! Don't want to run out half way through the conference. Don't forget the scissors and the measuring tape and the stitch markers and the point protectors and the 3-ring binder with my patterns. If I bring the bag I'm making, I'll need to bring the dpn's so I can work on the i-cord. So much to think about!

Oh! And I have to bring my camera!

And, after all that, will I have room in the suitcase for clothes? Umm ... wait! I have a garment bag I can use! Problem solved.

What does that say about me? Does it indicate that my job is not important? I don't think it does. My job is important. But it's just that ... a job. It's not the most important thing. As I said in my last post, I've neglected my creative side for far too long. So, I guess this is me feeding my creative side.

Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment