Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Apple


I'm venting here. I had a blog on MobileMe, which is the network associated with Apple computers. On this network you can have a blog, there's a calendar, email, and lots of other stuff. So I decided, okay, why not blog? So I did. 

Well, I guess Apple decided to make, in my opinion, unnecessary "improvements" to their network and now that it's this big shiny new thing, they want to charge people for using it. Something like $99 a year. Again, in my opinion, this is just their way of extracting more money from its customers. I chose not to partake, and now my blog is gone, which really upsets me. Those entries were important to me, and now they're gone. The words and the feelings and emotions they illustrated cannot be reproduced. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Mac computers. I have both a desktop and a laptop and I love them both. But I'm really angry at Apple for doing this. Don't they make enough money selling computers and iPods and iPhones? Why do they have to nickel and dime us?

I'm not going to get all political here, but this kind of thing really angers me. Why is it always necessary for big, already-successful corporations to come up with new and different ways to suck money out of people? Don't they have enough? Isn't it enough that I bought two of their computers? Is the money they're going to make on their "MobileMe" network more important than the good will they'll lose because of it? Apparently so. 

It almost makes me sorry I switched.

No comments:

Post a Comment